[U-Boot-Users] PCI video display in MPC8270

Maynard Cabiente Maynard.Cabiente at raritan.com
Tue Jul 5 17:33:05 CEST 2005

Hi Wolfgang,

Thank you very much for the response and I'm sorry about the HTML
posting. (I was not aware my e-mail account was setup for this.)

> > 1. Does our system require a VGA BIOS (aside from U-boot)
> to display
> > console (and later on to display a GUI, i.e. X Windows, Tiny X)?
>
> Probably yes; alternatively you can try an enable the  x86
> emulation code in U-Boot and use this to run the card BIOS init code.

Just a few more questions if you have the time.

1. Is there a document in U-boot or in your website that discuss
the x86 emulation?

2. For my own verification, is the x86 emulation code located in
board/MAI/bios_emulator?

3. Is there any other boards that you know of that uses this x86
emulation other than the AmigaOneG3SE?

4. Would there be a switch to just enable the x86 emulation in U-boot
(i.e. CONFIG_X86_EMULATION)?  There is probably no such thing but I'd
rather get the correct information from you.

Again, thank you for all the answers to my questions.

Regards,
Maynard