[U-Boot-Users] Statuc code format for USB response...

Neil Bryan nbryan at embebidos.com
Wed Jul 6 10:27:17 CEST 2005

This is a trivial comment, but helpful for developers not expert in
debugging USB-related problems.

After issuing the following command:

U-Boot> usb reset

I obtained the following result:

      USB device not responding, giving up (status=20)

The code responsible for this is in ./common/usb.c and
shown below:

printf("\n      USB device not responding, giving up
(status=%lX)\n",dev->status);

I _believe_ the status code returned is that defined in
./include/usb_defs.h and that my status code of 20 is
the value defined by the macro USB_ST_CRC_ERR.

The printf uses a %lX format specifier and it would be improved
if it was proceeded with an '0x' to inform the developer (me)
that this is indeed a hexadecimal value.  My suggested change is

In ./common/usb.c
--------------
- printf("\n      USB device not responding, giving up
(status=%lX)\n",dev->status)
+ printf("\n      USB device not responding, giving up
(status=0x%lX)\n",dev->status)

As I said, I know this is trivial, but every little bit of
extra information helps when debugging something that is
unfamiliar.

Flames and other comments gratefully received!

Regards,

Neil Bryan.