[U-Boot-Users] u-boot support for winCE on OSK board

Andrea Scian andrea.scian at dave-tech.it
Wed Jul 6 13:00:48 CEST 2005

Hi Naveen!

>Hi,
>
>Does the u-boot supports winCE?

not officially at the moment (of course, Wolfgang correct me if I'm wrong.. ;-)

>If i have to support winCE using u-boot, how can i start my work?

from the patch below, for example (BTW.. I think it has been removed from
the site now..)
it should be a good start point to boot WinCE .bin images.

This patch adds a u-boot command (bootwince) which can handle WinCE images.

>I am using u-boot-1.1.2.
>I downloaded a patch from the following location.
>
>http://www.dave-tech.it/download/misc/sw/zefeer/zwck/u-boot-zwck-0.9.0-cmdbin.patch
>
>But it is not working on my OSK board. Could any one suggest how to do
>it myself.

What do you mean by "not working"?
Do you have patch problems, build problems or runtime problems? please give
me more details
and maybe I can help you somehow..

IIRC you have to take care at least of loading address..

Best Regards,

Andrea Scian