AW: [U-Boot-Users] 2.6.12 with u-boot-1.1.2 on versatile

David Grab d.grab at hima.com
Thu Jul 14 09:38:23 CEST 2005

Hi!

if you are in virtual address space, then you should have console output on
the serial port. So it looks for me that your kernel configuration is
missing the command line parameter. I had a similar problem with my custom
board. It run in a kernel panic because of a missing root file system and
rebooted after 3 minutes.

My suggest to you configure in u-boot the command line parameter to pass it
trough the kernel. For that you need to edit your custom board file in
u-boot\include\configs\<yourboard>.h with following:

#define CONFIG_BOOTARGS		"console=ttyS1,115200 root=/dev/ram rw"

The console definition is for the console output. Configure ttyS0 for UART0
or ttyS1 for UART1.

Or you configure your kernel command line parameter in
linuxkernel\arch\arm\configs\<yourboard>_defconfig

CONFIG_CMDLINE="console=ttyS1,115200"

Then you should have console output and could see where your linux kernel
hangs.

Best regards,

David