[U-Boot-Users] Activating hush shell

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 14 14:59:15 CEST 2005

In message <20050714143005.00001044 at idefix> you wrote:

> I'm trying to switch from the old shell to hush on a custom ARM board
> with u-boot 1.1.2 by just defining CFG_HUSH_PARSER and
> CFG_PROMPT_HUSH_PS2 in the config file. However, u-boot now doesn't
> really wait for user input, but endlessly prints its console prompt.
> Before digging deeper into the problem with a debugger: do I need to do
> anything else beyond just enabling hush?

No, this is basicly  all.  But  don't  forget  that  the  syntax  for
variable  substitution  changes.  If  you  have any "preboot" command
definitions that refer to variables this might cause trouble.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Nobody will ever need more than 640k RAM!"       -- Bill Gates, 1981
"Windows 95 needs at least 8 MB RAM."             -- Bill Gates, 1996
"Nobody will ever need Windows 95."             -- logical conclusion