[U-Boot-Users] Console garbage

Will Haines will.haines at embedded-sys.com
Thu Jul 14 22:55:51 CEST 2005

The recent u-boot port to the EP88xC is getting closer and closer to working,
but I am still having the problem that there is no coherent console output.  The
code to print to console is executing, but I either get no output or garbage.
When I step through with the BDI, I get error messages like:

serial_puts (s=0x1 <Address 0x1 out of bounds>) at serial.c:200

I have changed

  static struct serial_device *serial_devices = NULL;
  static struct serial_device *serial_current = NULL;

  static struct serial_device *serial_devices __attribute__ ((section (".data")))
  / = NULL;
  static struct serial_device *serial_current __attribute__ ((section (".data")))
  / = NULL;

in common/serial.c as suggested by Yuli Barcohen, but to no avail.  Does anyone
have any other ideas?

Thank you, everyone.

Will Haines