[U-Boot-Users] debugging U-boot with GDB on a Au1550

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 23:18:18 CEST 2005

I have U-boot running on a Au1550 platform.  I have verified that
re-location to RAM works but the system is crashing somewhere in
board_init_r.  I would like to debug this with GDB and a BDI2000, but
am running into a few issues.  U-boot for this platform is linked to
0xbfc00000 (the ROM reset vector).  This is not what I am used to as
most ARM platforms are linked to the RAM location.  After U-boot is
relocated to RAM, how do I tell GDB what the new link address is
(0x80fdc000 in this case)?

Thanks,
Cliff