[U-Boot-Users] Pb compiling u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 19 13:37:42 CEST 2005

Dear Thomas,

in message <550E696EB903B74E84CF33CF8D64DFC206BA9B at vlbse301.eu.infineon.com> you wrote:

> I'm trying to port linux on an arm versatile board, currently I'm trying
> to create a loadable image of a recent u-boot.

Ummm... I disagree.

> I join the exact logs in attached file. <<log_u-boot_failure.doc>>

This  attachment  is  unreadable.  Never  post  prorpietary  document
formats, especially when it's just a waste of bandwith like here: you
could have copy & pasted the text directly.

Attachment ignored.

> It seems like the makefile is not valid (The start.o is not compiled...)

It works fine for everybody else.

> Here is a final extract:
>
> DCONFIG_ARM -D__ARM__ -march=armv4t -I.. -Bstatic -T
> /home/dupas/linux/sources_u-boot/u-boot-1.1.2/board/versatile/u-boot.lds
> -Ttext 0x01000000   hello_world.c   -o hello_world
> /home/dupas/linux/tool-chain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/3.4.3
> /../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find
> cpu/arm926ejs/start.o
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

It would have helped if you had at least given the complete command.

> dupas at vlblnxs2:~/linux/sources_u-boot/u-boot-1.1.2$

This is why I think you did not use a recent version of  U-Boot.  You
should use top-of-tree in CVS instead.

> Can anyone help me please?

Maybe. But this requires you  to  provide  enough  information  in  a
readable format (plain text only).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?"