[U-Boot-Users] Re: Problem with bootm command

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 26 14:42:57 CEST 2005

In message <4428425 at web.de> you wrote:

>  It's an AT91RM9200

OK, so it's an ARM as I expected.

> The point is the following. The flash is mapped from 0x10000000 to 0x10800000.
> u-boot delilveres the start address of the initrd to the kernel
> which is 0x10160000, if the image is located in flash. But the Kernel
> expects an address located in the sdram which is mapped from

Here is your problem. The kernel shouldn't do this. Patches have been
posted several times before.

> 0x2000000 to 0x24000000. Thats why the kernel is not able to mount
> the initrd. It tells me that the initrd extends physical memory

[Can you please stick to the Netiquette and use shorter lines? Thanks.]

> >Why should it do that? It's just a waste of boot time. THe kernel can
> >poick it up from flash, so why bother with copying it to ram first?
>
> Of course, it's a waste of time, but obviously my kernel is not able to pick it up from flash

Then fix the problem where it happens: in your kernel.  As  mentioned
before,  all  this has been discusses so many times before, including
the required modifications.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Unibus timeout fatal trap program lost sorry"  -  An  error  message
printed by DEC's RSTS operating system for the PDP-11