[U-Boot-Users] can't light led after flash restrict to preliminary range

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jul 29 12:49:25 CEST 2005

In message <E1DyRGb-00046C-9I at mail.sourceforge.net> you wrote:

> 	And I succeed. But when i move the led function down to line 177 or even to 176, the led doesn't work, as flows:

Please use shorter lines!

> [174]	/* now restrict to preliminary range */
> [175]	memctl->memc_br0 = CFG_BR0_PRELIM;
> [176]	led_init(0x7);	/* here is my light led function*/
> [177]	memctl->memc_or0 = CFG_OR0_PRELIM;

Please read the processor manual, memory controller section.  Try  to
understand  what  happens  when you write to the BR and OR registers,
and why strange things may result if you change one but not the other
(like you see when you add code right between these two statements).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The only way you could make a happy  marriage  is  by  cuttin'  their
heads  off  as  soon  as  they say `I do', yes? You can't make happi-
ness...                           - Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_