[U-Boot-Users] ...uses hardware FP, whereas u-boot uses software FP...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 2 17:22:49 CET 2005

In message <4225B2DF.40301 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> CROSS_COMPILE=arm-softfloat-linux-gnu- ./MAKEALL ARM9
>
> on the CVS HEAD but got
>
> arm-softfloat-linux-gnu-ld: ERROR:
> /opt/crosstool/arm-softfloat-linux-gnu/gcc-3.3.3-glibc-2.3.2-linux-2.4.27/lib/gcc-lib/arm-softfloat-linux-gnu/3.3.3/libgcc.a(_divsi3.oS)
> uses hardware FP, whereas u-boot uses software FP

This message is clear, isn't it? Your compiler  libraries  are  built
using hardware FP, whereas u-boot uses software FP

> Removing " -msoft-float" from /cpu/at91rm9200/config.mk solves this problem.

Not really.

> My toolchain gcc-3.3.3-glibc-2.3.2-linux-2.4.27 was built with crosstool using

Maybe you should ask  this  on  a  crosstools  related  mailing  list
(probably linux-arm-toolchain).

> so I am pretty sure that I am using softfloat by default. But then why is it a
> problem if I pass -msoft-float to the compiler?

Maybe you are using softfloat, but your compiler libraries aren't.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When you die, the first thing you lose is your life. The  next  thing
is the illusions.                       - Terry Pratchett, _Pyramids_