[U-Boot-Users] eth_rx implementation

Rodel Miguel rodelfmiguel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 13:15:05 CET 2005

Hi Wolfgang,

I'm sorry I wasnt clear enough with my query.

My implementation of eth_rx is somewhat like the ff:

- check if data is available
- if not, return 0
- call NetReceive(NetRxPackets[0], len)
- return len

Questions:

1. If network data is not available, eth_rx returns 0 and does not
call NetReceive(), how many times does NetworkLoop retry to send the
first data it requested?

2. If data is available, eth_rx calls NetReceive, however, if it is
not intended for the initial U-Boot request, how many times does does
NetworkLoop retry to send the first data it requested?

3. Do you need to enable a U-Boot configuration flag to support my
implementation of eth_rx?

I am currently having problems with my eth_send implementation, so
there are really no network requests done on the PHY layer yet,
however, the eth_rx can receive data, I just noticed that there's not
much error handlers on the higher layers.  The ARP requests are only
done twice, at least in PING command.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,
Rodel