[U-Boot-Users] Problem with MPC8272ADS FCC Ethernet TX at 10 Mb/s half-duplex

Adam Kent adam at semicircular.net
Wed Mar 9 08:16:30 CET 2005

Martin Jolicoeur wrote:
> We seem to be having a problem with the MPC8272ADS
> board when connected to a hub (10 Mb/s half-duplex).
> u-boot is not able to ping anything. As anyone seen
> this problem? It looks like its a hardware problem
> (PHY or FCC) but I am curious as anyone been able to
> use this board with 10 Mb/s half-duplex hub?

Have you been able to ping anything at all under any circumstances?
Try a simple cross over cable and see how you go.  What makes you
think you've got a hardware problem?

Also it seems u-boot defaults to using FCC2 (ie. the second ethernet
port) on the MPC8272ADS; are you sure you've got the cable plugged
into the right port?

cheers,
Adam