[U-Boot-Users] RE: Rattler Board Flash access Problem

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Wed Mar 16 18:01:38 CET 2005

Srivatsan wrote:
> Thanks Mr.Wolfgang. That input really helped us out.
>
> But when we power up the target (MPC8280 based Rattler board), it is
> getting continuous reset. Previously with the same configuration file it
> wasn't so. Do we need to make any change in the configuration file?
> Again Thanks for the input.
>
> With Thanks and Best Regards,
> C.R.Srivatsan

I assume you are saying that you were successful in asserting RSTCONF
and programming the HRCW back in.
* Is it the _correct_ HRCW?  Do you know what it was previously?
* Did you _power cycle_ the board with RSTCONF deasserted? (the HRCW
only is read on a _power cycle_)

My experience (not with the Rattler) is that boards don't run well with
RSTCONF asserted.  In my experience, I assert RSTCONF, program the HRCW
(and optionally u-boot), and then _power cycle_ the board.  At that
point, the board should be functional enough to program u-boot (or
whatever) into it, reset, and run.

gvb