[U-Boot-Users] can't get any response from newly-flashed RPXlite DW board
Robert P. J. Day
rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 17 22:15:03 CET 2005
to keep things brief, i'm trying to get u-boot 1.1.2 running on an
RPXlite DW-like board (that is, it's not *exactly* an rpxlite dw, but
it's close enough). i don't want to get anything working beyond
u-boot, so the kernel is not an issue.
to make a long story short:
- downloaded 1.1.2
- make RPXlite_DW_config all
- got "u-boot.bin", checked it out, looked good, about 119K
- abatron BDI 2000, erased system flash (mapped to 0xfc000000):
>erase 0xfc000000 chip
>prog 0xfc000000 uboot.bin bin
- seemed to work, verified with memory dump that chip starts with
- connect to serial console, 115.2K, 8N1, no flow control
- power up board and ... nothing
i've used this basic recipe to reflash this board many times with a
system that incorporates EP's planet core boot loader, so i know that
*that* recipe is basically reasonable.
the *only* deviation from the docs is that i *am* using minicom at
the moment. if this is really a critical flaw, i can switch to "cu",
but minicom has worked splendidly until now without fail.
is there something *else* i can look at before ditching minicom?
More information about the U-Boot