[U-Boot-Users] PXA270 support

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Thu Mar 17 23:14:50 CET 2005

That was Wolfgang's assertion.

A quick grep of the code seems to indicate that as long as CFG_HZ
represents the number of ticks in a second usage is ok.

HOWEVER, there is a strong chance of overflow depending on the value in
use.  Thus 1000 is probably a very save value.

I know for ARM ports I've worked on so far I have always applied almost
the max presaler as I did encounter overflow when validating timing
operations.  At that time I just assumed people need to be careful about
assigning CFG_HZ to as small a value as possible, Wolfgang appears to be
taking even a stronger stance.

Regards,
Richard W.