[U-Boot-Users] changing TEXT_BASE before build

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 18 17:33:03 CET 2005

In message <Pine.LNX.4.61.0503180912160.10504 at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:

>   before i get too heavily involved in trying to port u-boot to this
> board, i just wanted to clarify one thing -- since our current system
> flash is mapped to address 0xfc000000, and that's where we've been

Flash is not mapped per se. It is you who defines  and  sets  up  the
memory map in your U-Boot configuration files.

> flashing planet core all this time, i'm assuming that i'd start by
> modifying the config.mk file and setting
>
>   TEXT_BASE = 0xfc000000

Yes- if this is what the rest of the U-Boot confiuguration expects.

> (obviously, there will be more to do, but the above would appear to be
> an absolutely essential starting point, right?)

No, not necessarily.

Actually the first step should be to plan you design, i. e.  to  come
up with a memory map etc.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Never worry about theory as long as  the  machinery  does  what  it's
supposed to do.                                      - R. A. Heinlein