[U-Boot-Users] Error while booting Linux image

Vikrant_Basotra Vikrant_Basotra at Satyam.com
Mon Mar 21 17:05:20 CET 2005

Appreciate your quick responses on this.....BUT...............

Having already read your page (the link to which you provided) I double
checked on the bd_info structure in both linux and u-boot. I even worked out
the clocks_in_mhz....neither of them worked.

Somebody suggested I use gd->bd instead of kbd in common/cmd_bootm.c of
uboot when making the kernel call. That is use

(*kernel) (gd->bd, initrd_start, initrd_end, cmd_start, cmd_end);

				"INSTEAD OF"

(*kernel) (kbd, initrd_start, initrd_end, cmd_start, cmd_end);

This didn't help either......!!!!!
Is there some thing else I am failing to pinpoint....

Just a reminder: the reference board is an Embedded Planet board (EP8248)
and the one I am trying to port is 8248 custom board. The linux image I am
using for my board works perfectly with the reference board (EP8248)....

Regards
Vikrant