[U-Boot-Users] booting uboot from flash on a memec evaluation board

Peter Ryser Peter.Ryser at xilinx.com
Tue Mar 22 07:46:43 CET 2005

What you actually want to do is to modify the EDK design to map the
flash to the top of the memory. Assuming that you used the ML300 board
support as your starting point to port u-boot to the Memec board modify
board/xilinx/ml300/u-boot.lds and include the following right after the
beginning of the SECTORS declaration:

.resetvec oxFFFFFFFC :
{
    *(.resetvec)
} = 0xffff

Modify board/xilinx/ml300/config.mk and change the TEXT_BASE to the
start of the u-boot monitor. Further, you need to modify
include/configs/ml300.h to map the monitor to the area of your flash, e.g.
#define CFG_MONITOR_BASE   0xfffc0000         // needs to match TEXT_BASE
#define CFG_FLASH_BASE          0xff800000       // start of flash in
memory map

If you compile flash support into u-boot you will be able to use u-boot
to install a newer version of itself into the flash.

- Peter