[U-Boot-Users] Question about mkimage -O option?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 24 11:07:38 CET 2005

In message <20050324081006.38606.qmail at web40610.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> If I want to port other OS to the board that using
> u-boot as bootloader. For example, QNX, should I
> change -O to onx? or use "linux" is ok? thanks.

Neither one nor the other. For QNX you should use "-O qnx".

For a full list of supported OS names justt  enter  an  invalid  name
when calling "mkimage", like that:

-> mkimage -O ?

Invalid OS Type - valid names are: 4_4bsd, artos, dell, esix, freebsd, irix, linux, lynxos, ncr, netbsd, openbsd, psos, qnx, rtems, sco, solaris, svr4, u-boot, vxworks
Usage: mkimage -l image
          -l ==> list image header information
       mkimage -A arch -O os -T type -C comp -a addr -e ep -n name -d data_file[:data_file...] image
          -A ==> set architecture to 'arch'
          -O ==> set operating system to 'os'
          -T ==> set image type to 'type'
          -C ==> set compression type 'comp'
          -a ==> set load address to 'addr' (hex)
          -e ==> set entry point to 'ep' (hex)
          -n ==> set image name to 'name'
          -d ==> use image data from 'datafile'
          -x ==> set XIP (execute in place)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The human mind treats a new idea the way the body  treats  a  strange
protein - it rejects it.                                 - P. Medawar