[U-Boot-Users] [Patch] Second Eth enabled for MPC885ADS

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 30 15:17:53 CEST 2005

Dear Vitaly,

in message <424A93D9.1060006 at ru.mvista.com> you wrote:

> Wolfgang, can you check this in please?

I can, but I don't want to :-)

> CHANGELOG:
> * Second Ethernet address enabled in the configuration for MPC885ADS.

> +#define CONFIG_ETHADDR          00:e0:0c:bc:e0:60
> +#define CONFIG_HAS_ETH1
> +#define CONFIG_ETH1ADDR         00:e0:0c:bc:e0:61

Adding CONFIG_HAS_ETH1 is OK with me, but I think it is  a  very  bad
idea  to  hardwire  the  MAC  addresses  -  especially  since this is
write-protected. You will not be able to ever use two such boards  in
the same network.

I suggest to resubmit without the CONFIG_ETH*ADDR settings.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Lots of folks confuse bad management with destiny.   -- Frank Hubbard