[U-Boot-Users] ETHERNET TX problem with ADS860 (MPC850), Using SCC ETHERNET device

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 31 20:32:53 CEST 2005

In message <892C3EC180087B4498C69413FCCBB73201316469 at sof_msg> you wrote:

> I try to use a ADS860 with a MPC850.
> I compile u-boot, dowload in flash and reset.
> When reset, I see at prompt this :

How did you configure U-Boot?  Only  the  "FADS850SAR"  configuration
supports  a  MPC850  processor, but you write "ADS860" which does not
fit.

>     Board: ADS rev PILOT

May I recommend to use this as a  door  stop  and  get  some  working
hardware instead?

> And I try to ping to my host :
>
> =>ping 172.17.21.30
> Using SCC ETHERNET device
> TX timeout
> TX not ready
> TX timeout
> ping failed; host 172.17.21.30 is not alive
> =>

This is most probably a misconfiguration of U-Boot;  the  MPC850  and
MPC860 use different port pins. I guess you mixed those up.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
He'd heard her use that sweet, innocent  tone  of  voice  before.  It
meant that, pretty soon, there was going to be trouble.
                                        - Terry Pratchett, _Truckers_