[U-Boot-Users] wlan driver

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun May 1 16:04:31 CEST 2005

Hi Dan,

in message <c48defeba68ed687d83d7baa28cf738e at embeddededge.com> you wrote:

> Has anyone worked on a 802.11 wireless driver for u-boot?

Probably. Craig A. Vanderborgh  reported  in  January  (12  Jan  2005
17:31:01  -0500)  that he was going to work on Cisco/Aironet wireless
drivers, but I haven't heard anything from him since.

> I'm faced with a board that has mini-PCI, adapters aren't
> working for standard cards, and it looks like the only
> solution may be a 3.3V wireless LAN card.

Be careful. Chose a card for which you can get at  least  full  Linux
source code. There are still cards with binary-only HAL modules which
are more or less useless to try.

> Thanks for any suggestions (I suspect Wolfgang will
> respond with a URL to an archive I couldn't find) :-)

Sorry, I'm afraid I'm not much of help here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"We have the right to survive!"
"Not be killing others."
	-- Deela and Kirk, "Wink of An Eye", stardate 5710.5