[U-Boot-Users] A&M Rattler8248 ethernet config

tony.ford at quadrics.com tony.ford at quadrics.com
Tue May 3 17:08:44 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've got a basic u-boot port going on this card and am now looking at
getting ethernet working. I've set all the network parameters AFAIK but ping
returns:
ping failed: host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not alive.
The host I'm pinging is on the same subnet.

I'm confident that the network fabric is in good shape. I'm less
confident about the mpc8248 ethernet configuration. The Motorola
documentation has *plenty* to say about FCC configuration, the question
is how much do I need ?  I'm fully prepared to RTFM but am wondering if
anyone can give me some direct pointers.

Best regards,

Tony.