[U-Boot-Users] register init

Hinko Kocevar hinko.kocevar at iskramedical.si
Thu May 5 02:05:05 CEST 2005

Hinko Kocevar wrote:
> After few days of debugging I established that lowlevel_init() won't set
> the GAFR0_x register(s) to defined value set in u-boot board config.
> Under BDI I can see that at this point PC jumps to some random address -
> or throws an exception that BDI intercepts, if I set 'VECTOR CATCH 0xde'
> directive in BDI config.
>
> After exception caught by the BDI I can set PC back few instrucions and
> board would boot, console lives!

I've resolved the issue by moving GAFR register init ahead of GPSR,GPCR and
GPDR register init... Although PXA datasheet suggests it should be done the
other way around (as with other PXA based boards) it does not hold true for me.

I guess it is somekind of hardware perk, but I don't have cpu module schematics
availaable to confirm...

--
Hinko Kocevar, embedded systems developer
Iskra Medical d.o.o., Stegne 23, 1k LJ, SLO-EU

	"Aì rén"	|	[Analects XII:22]