[U-Boot-Users] ep9312 IDE support

Simon Poole simon.armlinux at themalago.net
Mon May 9 17:52:58 CEST 2005

NZG wrote:
> I getting ready to quote a customer on a board we are developing that will use
> a ep9312 system-on-chip.
>
> I'm going to need to use it's IDE interface, is support for this currently
> available in u-boot?

There is an ep93xx u-boot patch against 1.1.2, but AFAIK it does not
implement IDE.  It's the right place to start though if you want to
implement the IDE support yourself.

No-one has taken the time yet to clean up the patch to make it
acceptable for inclusion upstream, or to keep it up to date with latest
u-boot CVS, but this is on the cards (Eric Bernard is hoping to do the
work).

See the various u-boot threads on linux-cirrus from this April
(including parts of the "redboot and kernel version" thread):
http://www.freelists.org/archives/linux-cirrus/04-2005/

> We will also need to be able to read/write a fat parition is this supported?
>
> I see configuration options for both, but no direct hardware support for the
> 9312 hardware, am I missing it?

The patch for 1.1.2 is at:
http://www.dave-tech.it/download/misc/sw/edb93xx/u-boot-edb93xx-3

--