[U-Boot-Users] how can I run linux without tftp

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 11 10:57:35 CEST 2005

In message <200505111615.AA27132010 at RCS-9000.COM> you wrote:
> Thank you for your answer!
> But how can I do next if I don't have ethernet to give kernel the rootfs and want linux run on my target board?

Use a filesystem on some other device, like a  ramdisk  image,  or  a
cramfs  or JFFS2 image in flash, or mount a file system on a harddisk
or compact flash card or on a USB memory stick or ... there are many,
many options. I don't  know  which  options  are  available  on  your
hardware, though.

This has nothing to do with U-Boot.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There is a multi-legged creature crawling on your shoulder.
	-- Spock, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.9