[U-Boot-Users] memory probe

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 11 22:56:13 CEST 2005

In message <1115836301.25819.7.camel at orionlinux.starfleet.com> you wrote:

> We had such board. One with 32MB and other with 64MB of SDRAM.
> We used DIP switches, which were read early in a U-Boot, in
> memsetup.S. On the position of this DIP switch we then decided
> which path in the mesetup.S to take.
> Then, in out dram_init function for our board, we again read the
> DIP switch and decide what to report as DRAM size.

No need to do this.  If  implemented  correctly,  U-Boot  will  auto-
matically  find  out  how  big  your  RAM.  This is what the RAM size
detection code in common/memsize.c was made for. Just use it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that  causes  you
to  stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you
have crossed the mountain.