[U-Boot-Users] Watchdog timer reset

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 12 00:23:43 CEST 2005

In message <9b7ca657050509040572e02726 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Just wondering, does u-boot support periodical reset of watchdog timer

Yes, of course it does.

> ? If not, I suppose I have to disable the watchdog when I enter uboot
> in interactive mode, and probably enable it when I exit u-boot.

If your watchdog i worth it's money it comes up enabled after  reset,
and  you can just disable it once and forever. A watchdog that can be
switched of is not worth to be called by that name.

> How does people normally do this ?

Have a look at the code.

> Just out of curiosity, (assuming u-boot does not do something like
> above), can we do something similar to below code?

> signal(SIGALRM, runme);

No, we cannot. U-boot is strictly single-tasking and has no notion of
signals and the like. Also, your code makes no sense to me.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I will also, for an appropriate fee, certify that  your  keyboard  is
object-oriented,  and  that  the bits on your hard disk are template-
compatible.            - Jeffrey S. Haemer in <411akr$3ga at cygnus.com>