[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot for ARM7tdmi

Arthur Shipkowski art at videon-central.com
Thu May 12 17:31:34 CEST 2005

> I need a boot loader for an ARM7tdmi (NetSilicon 7520 based UNC20 board
from
> Forth Systems) has anyone seen such an animal? U-Boot seems to only work
for
> the ARM720, is this true?

In my limited experience, U-Boot will run on an ARM7TDMI processor, but I've
not even thought about trying Thumb mode.

I have a set of patches in process that provide NS7520 processor support for
U-Boot, based upon similar patches I produced for uClinux.  U-Boot already
has support for other Net+ARM processors, so the changes are not too
invasive. The patches still need to be checked for compliance to the U-Boot
coding standards and any missing brain errors on my part, but I'll try to
get them out today.

Art Shipkowski