[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot on Renesas SH-3 platform

Leif Lindholm leif.lindholm at i3micro.com
Mon May 16 13:35:15 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 17:24 +0200, Jonas Mark (ST/EPP1) * wrote:
> Hello,
>
> does anybody know or has tried a port of U-Boot to a Renesas SH3
> (SuperH) little endian platform? I am thinking of using U-Boot as a
> comfy bootloader on a SH3 platform (SH7720 to be specific). Any warnings
> what I should look out for when doing the port myself? Any
> recommandations which existing architecture would be a good starting
> point?

Hi

I have some patches (against u-boot 1.1.1) for the sti5528
(http://www.superhlinux.com/user_guide/release-note-1.0_pl1/sti5528_alpha/) chip on a custom platform. This is an SH4, so I'm not sure it would be much help for you, but maybe some synergy effects could be achieved.

Since this is against an old version of u-boot, I don't want to send it
to the list, but if you're interrested I could send it directly to you.

(And yes, I do intend to port it to CVS version - Real Soon Now)

/
	Leif