[U-Boot-Users] Error in erasing the nand flash

Pankaj GOYAL pankaj.goyal at st.com
Thu May 19 05:49:08 CEST 2005

HI,
	I m using the u-boot for my arm926-ejs processor based board.And I m using the 32MB NAND flash of STMicroelectronics on my board.When I use the "nand erase" command to erase the content of the NAND flash I observe that during the erasing if u-boot is unable to erase one of the block ( the error is genrated by uboot "Error erasing at " )it immidiatly comes out of the while loop and do not try to erase further blocks(Reffering to nand_erase function of the u-boot/common/cmd_nand.c file).Isn't u-boot should mark this block as badblock (Because u-boot is getting error in erasing the block) and instead of going out of the while loop it should try to erase the futher blocks.Please provide ur feedback.

Regards
Pankaj