[U-Boot-Users] 'Syslog implementation in u-boot UDP data reading in u-boot'

nreddy at netenrich.com nreddy at netenrich.com
Thu May 19 09:49:41 CEST 2005

Hi Denk,
I got it done sending messages to syslog server on port number 514.

I used the below functions to implemant this concept.
       NetSetEther (NetTxPacket, ether, PROT_IP);
        NetSetIP (NetTxPacket + ETHER_HDR_SIZE, dest, dport, sport, len=75);
    (void) eth_send(NetTxPacket, ETHER_HDR_SIZE + IP_HDR_SIZE + len);

In responce to syslog message my external server is going to send some
message through UDP protocol to my embedded system.

I would like to know how do i read UDP data in u-boot.

Please help me out in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Nagi