[U-Boot-Users] u-boot for H4-OMAP242x fix.

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Tue May 24 02:56:37 CEST 2005

Hello,

This is not a full patch but a spot fix for those who are interested.
I'd post a patch to the tree, but I'm still waiting on Wolfgang to post
my last patch to the tree.

So, Newer version of OMAP242x are starting to encode their production id
field (current ES2.1).  The code which was generated for get_cpu_type()
was non-PIC and will cause a crash on newer chips which use non-zero
encoding.  At present the failing sequence was being used in a SRAM
stack only situation where being PIC is required.

Regards,
Richard W.