[U-Boot-Users] SDRAM init problem? Was Re: uboot 1.1.2 problem

Sam Song samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Tue May 24 06:50:05 CEST 2005

Jerry Van Baren <gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com>
wrote:

> Your SDRAM configuration is wrong or your board
> layout doesn't support the faster speeds.

Just wanna to confirm one thing. If one board's
SDRAM init was good enough but with poor layout
(Layout design or PCB Processing), it would crash
like this? Could it boot after relocation?

I know my assumption isn't reasonable. Well, I have
a similar experience on 823. That board could only
get the output before relocation in u-boot. Never
for booting Linux. After a fix on some pull-ups
around CPU and good PCB processing, it worked fine.

So I can make sure one thing. Not all crash after
relocation is due to SDRAM init. That's just our
software engineer/developer can do. Perhaps it is
related with mini error on schematic design or PCB
layout including processing.

A little bit out of topic. Sorry for this:-)

Sam