[U-Boot-Users] SDRAM init problem? Was Re: uboot 1.1.2 problem

Thomas Kastner thomas.kastner at marekmicro.de
Wed May 25 12:58:25 CEST 2005

Hello Sam,

cooler spray might help find the cause, too.
For example I once had a similar problem that looked like a SDRAM
problem. In the end I found out that the oscillator sourcing the CPU's
PLL input was a little weak and the CPU's internal PLL sometimes went
crazy, causing this strange behaviour. Cooler spray on the oscillator
marginally raised the slew rate and the system ran stable.

Check the clocks, especially termination.

If you have any chance to reduce the SDRAM clock rate, try that. Maybe
by changing dividers in software or replacing a hardware oscillator.

Generally speaking cooler spray has saved me a lot of time finding the
cause of timing problems, so this really might be worth a try.

Kind regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas Kastner