[U-Boot-Users] tool to create environment on host?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 25 15:30:09 CEST 2005

In message <42946E59.5090902 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> How do I handle the byteorde of the CRC?

Use the target's host byte order.

> Where is this done in U-Boot?

U-Boot or the fw_env tools are always running on the target, so  they
just use the native byte order.

If your tool is  running  on  the  host,  you  must  add  appropriate
conversion.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The word "fit", as I understand it, means "appropriate to a purpose",
and I would say the body of the Dean is supremely appropriate to  the
purpose of sitting around all day and eating big heavy meals.
                                 - Terry Pratchett, _Moving Pictures_