[U-Boot-Users] SDRAM "anti-problem"

Peter Asemann peter.asemann at web.de
Wed May 25 17:37:31 CEST 2005

I have the "problem" that i can't corrupt my SDRAM.
To verify my SDRAM refresh settings are reasonable, I did my best in
reprogramming my MPC865's UPM to not refresh the SDRAM often enough.

I set the timer loop field (TLFA) to minimum, the PTA to maximum and the
PTP to maximum to have the refresh come too seldom to keep the data.

Whatever, the SDRAM is very unimpressed and keeps the data I wrote into
it without a single bit corrupted for at least minutes.

Another problem is that the mpcbdm I use to test the SDRAM takes up to
30 secs to read/write about 60K of data into/out of RAM (burst mode
disabled). Is that a mpcbdm issue? I can't believe the SDRAM can be so slow.

Peter Asemann