[U-Boot-Users] [newbie]: ping implementation

eagle keeper palazzinaro at gmail.com
Wed May 25 21:15:16 CEST 2005

Hi all, and sorry again for wasting time with my silly questions ;)

Thanks in andvance for your answers, always quick, ready and complete!

The question is: I managed to boot the MP8260ADS with u-boot. I
configured the network. I tried to ping it from the host pc and get
"host unreachable" message.
Instead if i ping the host from the board i get only "the host is
alive" message.
I don't think this is completely normal. Am I wrong?
Another matter is the "Bad Magic Number" notice just before the u-boot
prompt. I searched for help about it but did not find anything. What
does it mean?

Thanks a lot for your patience

Lele