[U-Boot-Users] at91rm9200 ethernet driver runs in promiscuous mode

Lars Munch lars at segv.dk
Wed May 25 23:41:42 CEST 2005

Hello

Today, when I was looking through my csb337 port of u-boot trying to
make it ready for u-boot inclusion, I found a strange thing in the
at91rm9200 ethernet driver (cpu/arm920t/at91rm9200/ether.c). The driver
is running in promiscuous mode (CAF: Copy All Frames) and reception of
broadcast packages are not enabled (NBC: No Broadcast) around line 206:

 p_mac->EMAC_CFG = (p_mac->EMAC_CFG | AT91C_EMAC_CAF | AT91C_EMAC_NBC)
                        & ~AT91C_EMAC_CLK;

Since I do not want to run in promiscuous mode, I tried to fix it by
removing AT91C_EMAC_CAF.  I still want to receive broadcast packages
(e.g dhcp offers etc) so AT91C_EMAC_NBC is also removed, but now I do
not get any broadcast packages??

I read the EMAC documentation three times, but I simply cannot figure
out what I am missing, so any pointers is highly appreciated.

Regards
Lars Munch