[U-Boot-Users] Revision control systems

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Thu May 26 14:15:41 CEST 2005

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Jerry,

[snip]

> I would like to ask: who of you is actively using one or  the  other,
> what  are  your experiences, which problems did you run into, etc. If
> you have any "please use ... because ..." or "don't use  ...  because
> ..." statements I'd appreciate these, too.
>
> But I'd rather not flood this list with such a  discussion  -  please
> send  any such input to my direct address (wd at denx.de). I'll be happy
> to post a summary.

[snip]

> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Just as an addendum to this discussion that is of general interest, on
the darcs web site I found "Taylor"
   <http://darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor>
which synchronizes different types of repositories (e.g. CVS ->
monotone, CVS -> darcs).  It will even push changes back to CVS if you
are adventurous.

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks incredibly useful.

gvb