[U-Boot-Users] jffs2 view u-boot/linux

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 30 14:17:09 CEST 2005

Dear Jonas,

in message <429AFC63.2070205 at fsforth.de> you wrote:

> I use the mtd stuff from mtd-snapshot-20050524.tar.bz2 with a 2.6.11
> kernel. I executed patchkernel.sh from the mtd package.

We use a snapshot from MTD CVS of March 13, 2005 in our 2.4.25 kernel
tree, and this is what U-Boot was tested against.

> I created a jffs2 image with
> mkfs.jffs2 -e  16384 -qnd my_rootfs -o jffs2.img

Are you absolutely sure that 16 kB is the correct  erase  block  size
for your hardware?

> Then I boot linux and mount my jffs2 partiton. I deleted the uImage from
>   it. A "ls" from linux shows me that it is deleted.
> Then I rebooted and did a "ls" from u-boot.

And when booting Linux again the state is again as expected?

> What I'm doing wrong?

Can you try the March 13 MTD snapshot?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
One difference between a man and a machine is that a machine is quiet
when well oiled.