[U-Boot-Users] mcf5272 hanging while relocating

Friedrich Lobenstock f.lobenstock at scottygroup.com
Tue May 31 00:10:42 CEST 2005

Zachary Landau wrote on 17.05.2005 15:31 MET:
>>I've got a little problem porting U-Boot to a Coldfire MCF5272 based platform.
>>Everything's fine (now) up to the point where it relocates itself to RAM. See
>>the boot message:
>

> If you haven't already, you should search the mailing list archives
> for information about the 5282 patches floating around.  Your best bet
> is probably to modify those for the 5272.

Ok back to that problem - after some time with other stuff. I then found "EMAC
5282 Second U-Boot code release" which was just posted the day before:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/17178

I've tried to disable the cache or activate it the "new way" like in the u-boot
code from the address above but no luck. I've also ported the serial
initialization code from that code to a generice form which applies for the
mcf5272 as well as the m5282. Might post a patch for that some time.

Using gdb with the BDM interface I find that the actual copying of the code to
RAM succeeds but while clearing the BSS an exception happens as the system goes
into the _fault endless loop.

Someone with a Motorola Coldfire 5272 cpu experienced the same and could give me
a hint.

--
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock