[U-Boot-Users] NAND flash support

Mike Rapoport mike.rapoport at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 08:46:33 CET 2005

On 10/31/05, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> The #testing-NAND branch ofthe U-Boot GIT repository contains a major
> rewrite of NAND support. Unfortunately we  don't  make  any  progress
> with  merging  it  into  the  main  branch because nobody seems to be
> testing or using it.

I've been trying to use the new NAND code on custom board based on
MPC8272 with Samsung 128Mb NAND chip (K9K1G08U0M). So far I had no
problems with read/dump functionality.
I've implemented the nand_erase wrapper in the include/nand.h and
after restoring the most of nand_wait in drivers/nand/nand_base.c the
erase worked for me.
The only thing that I haven't succeeded to enable is the write. When I
try to write relatively large chunks of data, there is a bus fault
just after I see the message
"NAND write: device 0 offset 0, size 1048576 ... 1048576 bytes written: OK".
Besides, the blocks that were written are marked bad.

The relevant parts of my board configuration are:
#define CFG_MAX_NAND_DEVICE 1
#define CFG_NAND_BASE	0xff000000
#define CONFIG_NEW_NAND_CODE	1
#define CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG 1
#define CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG_VERBOSE	1

The functions for HW access are the same as I use in Linux mtd driver
which works fine.

--
	Sincerely Yours,
		Mike.