[U-Boot-Users] How to program flash of omap5912osk with usb?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Nov 4 09:44:10 CET 2005

In message <436b18bd.24f2c241.6124.ffffa3b7 at mx.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have downloaded the u-boot1.1.3 to the flash of omap5912osk.I can use TFTP
> to download kernel to flash, but in this project I must download kernel and
> root file system with USB interface. Now I do not know how to settle this
> problem. How can I deal with this problem?

You can implement support for USB-based console
(enable with "setenv stdout usbtty; setenv stdin usbtty")
like it was done for the SX1 and omap1510inn board.

Then you can use standard serial download commands (loadb).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You see but you do not observe.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, in "The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes"