[U-Boot-Users] slow memory running from flash.

David Updegraff dave at cray.com
Fri Nov 4 15:16:16 CET 2005

Hi.

I have an MPC8343 that runs its memory _VERY_ slowly when I run code
from flash.  Identical u-boot code loaded into RAM and run from there is
fine, and 10x or more faster for memcopy and dma_xfer.  I.e. the IMMBAR
setup registers for memory are identical.  Eg. the 'relocate_code()'
routine takes 5 seconds if i am running from flash, but negligible time
if running from RAM.

The only difference in u-boot code is that when running from ram, the
remap_flash_by_XYZ games in start.S are not played.  All dcache issues
are the same either way.

I wonder if anyone has a clue for me about why this might be?

-dbu.