[U-Boot-Users] Re: 答复: 答复: [U-Boot-Users] How to program flash of omap5912osk with usb?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 7 09:35:46 CET 2005

In message <436eca11.0ec11203.0cfa.ffffcb34 at mx.gmail.com> you wrote:

> After implementing support for USB-based console ("setenv stdout usbtty;
> setenv stdin usbtty") through serial port, I want to download kernel to
> flash through USB port. So I connected USB port and typed the command loadb

"loadb" uses Kermit binary protocol. I am not sure  if  hyperterminal
can send data using this protocol.

> using the terminal named Hyperterminal in Windows. But I found that the
> kernel had been downloaded to flash through serial port rather than USB

No. If you have usbtty working, than your USB link works exactly  like
a serial port as far as U-Boot is concerned.

> port. If I cut down the connection between host serial port and target
> serial port, I can not type any command. How can I deal with this problem.

U-Boot is waiting for a file download using Kermit  Binary  Protocol.
Either  you  send  a  file using this protocol (which requires a tool
that implements this protocol - as mentioned before  I  recomenmd  to
use kermit), or you can terminate the download by pressing ^C.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced -- even a proverb is
no proverb to you till your life has illustrated it.     - John Keats