[U-Boot-Users] Ramdisk Image for Arm Linux

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 7 13:27:38 CET 2005

In message <1131363578.87df271cS3092131 at student.rmit.edu.au> you wrote:

> I want to create a uRamdisk image
>  with ext2 filesystem.

This has nothing to do with U-Boot and is completely off topic  here.
Please use a more appropriate mailing list (arm-linux for example).

> I want a uRamdisk Image with the
> load and entry point address
> set to 0xa2a00000.

Ramdisks do not have such a thing as  a  load  address  or  an  entry
pooint. Your request makes no sense.

> when i check the image
> using mkimage -l i see that the image type is
> PowerPPC Linux Ramdisk Image.

Then you missed to pass the proper parameters to the mkimage command.

> How do i create uRamdisk of type
> Arm linux Ramdisk Image?

By passing the correct value to the "-A" (architecture) argument.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I think they're going to take all this money that we  spend  now  on
war and death --"                   "And make them spend it on life."
	-- Edith Keeler and Kirk, "The City on the Edge of Forever",
	   stardate unknown.