[U-Boot-Users] Time Base register definitions inccorrect in asm-ppc/processor.h

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Mon Nov 7 15:43:05 CET 2005

On Nov 7, 2005, at 4:00 AM, Stefan Roese wrote:

> After a quick look in some other ppc manuals (AMCC and Freescale) this
> seems
> to be not only a 440GX problem, but a generic ppc problem. I will
> prepare a
> patch for this.

If you just use the proper assembler instructions for the mttb/mftb
variants,
the assembler will chose the right encoding for the processor model.

> I didn't find any code referencing these registers.

This is why I don't like people just arbitrarily going through the
manuals and generating such #defines.  If we don't use something,
let's not define it.  How are you going to test a patch to "fix" this
stuff
if it isn't used?  Just delete it and forget it.

Thanks.

	-- Dan