[U-Boot-Users] TFTP times out?

André Berggren andre.berggren at optronic.se
Thu Nov 10 10:23:11 CET 2005

Hi!

We have the same problem with one minor difference. U-boot get the first part of a file and then starts getting timeouts (TTTT).
We used a Etheral to sniff and found out that u-boot ack one datapackage but when the next datapackage araives u-boot doesn´t seem to hear it. Instead u-boot timesout listening and sends another ack on the previous datapackage. The tftp server then retransmits the last datapackage again witch u-boot doesn´t hear, u-boot times out and send another ack on the previous datapackage, and we are stuck in this loop.
We use a Moxa ED6008 switch where we attached the sniffer for the recording.

See appended ethereal capture-file. Mark one UDP-package and use Analyse->decode as and chose tftp to make it more readable.

//André